Friday, July 17, 2009

Moab

I go to Moab every three months for work and usually try and take Isabelle with me one time a year (To get that father-daughter bonding time in). Usually we will see my clients, eat dinner, go to a movie and then go back to the hotel room, but this year I thought it would be good to take her on a hike. Isabelle has never been on a hike and so I picked a fairly easy trail that was a mile and a half long up to Corona Arch.

It was a little too hot to be hiking (100 degrees) but Isabelle did very well. About half-way up the whining started: "I'm hot," "My legs are so tired," "Can't we go back?," "I'm not having fun anymore," you know, the usual stuff. I gave her a motivational speech about not giving up, that it would be worth it when we got there, blah, blah, blah, and she bought it. After a little more hiking we made it to the top and the first thing she said was: "Good thing we didn't give up Dad!" I guess my speech worked! I was glad we did it and hopefully this is something she will remember for a long time.







No comments: