Monday, August 24, 2009

Temple Dedication

The Oquirrh Mountain Temple was dedicated over the weekend and I thought I would do a post about the Temple since I never posted the pictures of when we went through on July 28th with the Barker Family. It has been a great couple of months serving in the Temple during the open house and Aly and I both had the privilidge of providing service. From Parking to Security and working in the Hospitality tent, I am glad that we were able to give of our time. It is amazing to see the temple finally finished outside our back window and to think that we had a small part in helping people see this magnificent building. My favorite part was seeing people who weren't even members of our Church helping out with the open house because they just wanted to serve, how cool is that? Now we have stories to tell our kids as they grow up and hopefully help them see what a privilege it is to have this Temple right by our house.





Isabelle and her cousin Alex







The Ryan Barker Family minus 1 (Grayden stayed home!)






The Ben Barker Family with Ben making sure he was dressed up for the occasion!






Gracie trying to smell the flowers (She was really just trying to get away from Mom and Dad







Grandpa and Grandma Barker


Last but not least, the Nick Barker Family



And the best family in the world.....mine (I have a smokin' hot wife!)

2 comments:

Mariah said...

Oh gosh Eric, just cause Nick and I don't have kids doesn't mean we aren't a family. Where is our picture?

Mariah said...

That is much better! Thanks.