Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Keeping it Honest

It has been a couple of crazy weeks in the Barker Household, from spending a week in Denver for an electronics show, to a golf tournament in Park City, I haven't been home much. Luckily Aly has a good handle on everything and so I am sure my absence was not a big deal. Before I left for Park City on Sunday, this is the conversation I had with Isabelle:

Isabelle: "Why are you going to Park City?"
Me: "For work."
Isabelle: "So you get to go play while Mom stays home and works?"
Me: "I guess if you want to put it that way."

If there is one thing about Isabelle it is that she is brutally honest and tells it like it is. It is true that I have done more play in the last three weeks than work, I guess Isabelle was telling me in her own little way to appreciate Aly a little more for all she does.

So yesterday morning was our golf tournament (Monday the 15th) and Isabelle called me before we started and this was another one of her "telling it like it is" moments:

Isabelle: "So Dad, what are you doing?"
Me: "Getting ready to go Golfing."
Isabelle: "Golfing?!?!? Your supposed to be working!"

It's nice to have a four year old to keep you in check!

So with a busy couple of weeks we haven't updated this blog that much, so here is what has happened:

1. Gracie is walking. She moved from the crawling/walking stage pretty quickly to the just walking stage.

2. Isabelle started preschool two weeks ago and is very proud to having the longest name in her class

3. Gracie's favorite words are "Ball" and "Mum," no matter how much I try she will not say "Dad"

4. Gracie is now 11 months old

5. Isabelle's favorite activity is to jump on the tramp and play "Dead Man" and "Crack the Egg"

6. Isabelle learned that she likes salad

7. Gracie had her first hair cut and without her hair done looks a lot like Ringo Starr from the early days of the beatles!

8. Isabelle has figured out how the DVR and how to get to her favorite shows so she doesn't need us anymore!

So that is about it, life's good and will get even better starting Friday when we leave for our Cruise with all of Aly's family. Hopefully we will get some pictures up soon.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hmm... jealous about the cruise, can I come? J/K... pretty sure they wouldn't let me on the boat being 37 weeks pregnant, but it sure would be nice. Hope you have a great time. When are you guys going to come down and visit?