Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Things said during a kitchen remodel

Isabelle is constantly a source of funny little sayings and with this kitchen remodel, she has said some pretty funny stuff. Here are two that I thought were pretty good:

The tile guy was finishing the front entry yesterday and Isabelle came up to me after watching him work and said:

Isabelle: "He has real tattoos!"
Me: "I know"
Isabelle (Holding her finger to her lips): "shhhh, he might hear you."

The other one happened when the painters were doing some touchup and they were both spanish. This whole conversation was done in a very quiet whisper.

Isabelle: "Mom, why are they speaking spanish."
Aly: "Because that is what they usually speak, but they can speak English too."
Isabelle: "What do you think they are saying?"

I can just see Isabelle wanting so badly to know what they were saying because she always has to be in on the conversation. As far as the tattoos, we have tried to teach her that we shouldn't get them but people can still choose to get them if they want. I think she was just memorized to see one actually in person!

Cabinets are going in today, we are getting there.

3 comments:

Robert, Jeana, and Brooke said...

I love the things that kids say, it just makes me laugh. I am so excited to see your kitchen.

0s0-Pa said...

Yes, you must post photos! Im looking to redo my kitchen and need an idea on what kitchen sink faucets to use :/
-Mariah

Colleen said...

Very cute....Isabelle is like a adult with her speech. She does say the funnest things...
Love,
Grandma Barker