Thursday, March 4, 2010

This is what happens when your two year old locks the keys in the car

After eating at Aly's parent's for dinner, I took Gracie out to get in the car. I usually set the keys next to her while I buckle her in and then have her give me the keys. She gave me the keys, but not before she had locked the car. I went around to the open drivers side door and put the keys in the ignition, shut the door to go get Isabelle, and then realized Gracie was locked in.

This car has onstar but the service is ridiculously priced and so we cancelled it. The unlock button was right by Gracie but she couldn't pull it up. We tried, and tried, and tried but she wouldn't grab it correctly. By five minutes in she started to get frustrated and the tears started flowing. "Open the door!" "Open the door!" "Please!"

Despite our best efforts she wasn't going to open the door and so we called the police. They sent the police and the fireman to get the door open and to check to see if she was ok. They got the door open, Gracie was relieved, and now maybe that onstar service isn't that expensive!



No comments: