Friday, November 5, 2010

The tale of the lost tooth

Who knew that there would be so much peer pressure surrounding the losing of your first tooth?  Every time one of Isabelle's friends or cousin's would lose a tooth, Isabelle would be all upset that they got to experience it first.  "When am I going to lose one?" "Hanna lost hers, she is so lucky"  I guess these days to be in the cool crowd you need to have lost your first tooth, then you join a very special club.  To Isabelle it became a rite of passage into a world she had never experienced before.

I don't recall my first tooth loss many years ago, but I know that it was not as eventful as Isabelle's turned out to be.  At school it became more loose to the point that her friends told her to just pull it.  Even though she had waited for this day a long time, she didn't want to rush the experience.  After school she played at her friend Nina's house and the pressuring continued, and when she was ready, she pulled it out.  SHE WAS EXCITED!  Call the news, get them over hear to cover a major story on a six year old girl!

I was in Price working and didn't know until I saw her toothless grin in an email, she was overjoyed!  If Isabelle had it her way she would have scheduled a party and had everyone come over to admire her accomplishment.  So here's to you Isabelle, congratulations!


No comments: